. Randy Orton vs Sheamus (c) - WWE Royal Rumble 2010 [WWE Title Match]

Funny story about this show and match. I didn't watch WWE at the time from WM 25 until I got my hands on the DVD of this show. And when I got the video, I naturally had a look at the card booklet inside and I saw Sheamus. Now remember I didn't watch most of 2009 so I had no clue who Sheamus was or when how he won the title. There is my a 10 year old totally confused, asking my Mum, who was equally confused who this pale, tall man was and why he was WWE champion. Then I found out he was Irish and given I'm quarter Irish myself, I felt compelled to cheer him on and I've been a fan ever since. It's also why I like to check in on WWE results and keep up to date even if I don't watch the shows anymore.

Anyway, this is an uncommon Heel vs Heel title match on PPV but Orton is basically on the fringe at this point so he becomes the de-facto face of the match, a role he excels in (he does, don't lie:P). Orton does some fine work on the right leg of Sheamus, even bringing out the spinning toe hold which the fans mistake for a figure four attempt. Sheamus did a good job of selling it. And Sheamus, in addition, also did some good work on the right arm. Although Orton doesn't sell it very well unlike his counterpart. For the most part, I thought this was a very good duel-limb work battle with an awful finish. Fuck you, Cody. Yay Orton for belting ten lights out of you. Sheamus was a bit of an afterthought though ***1/4




Comments