Tomohiro Ishii vs El Desperado - 2020


Just realised that I don't really review modern wrestling. I watch it a ton. I'm not anti-modern wrestling, I guess I write about older wrestling with more depth and insight. I guess that's what the benefit of reflection can give you. 

New Japan Cup 2020 First Round Match: Tomohiro Ishii vs El Desperado - NJPW New Japan Cup 2020 - Day One 16/06/2020
Awesome main event. It added a new element to the typical Ishii match. Desperado is taller than Ishii, despite being a Junior and Despy played on that with some minor mind games at the start of the match. Despy took advantage and attacked the knee. Ishii’s selling was really good and it made Number Dos feel like a real dangerous hold. The nearfalls from Desperado were really good as well. Ishii looked like he was done for quite a few times and Desperado sold that superbly with the urgency to keep hitting anything he could. ***3/4

Comments