Hangman Page vs Bryan Danielson II


AEW World Title Match: Hangman Page (c) vs. Bryan Danielson - AEW Dynamite 2022 05/01/2022
I feel like I'm on a different planet when watching these top AEW matches. I like the company and wrestlers, Danielson in particular, but they never resonate as classics with me, and this one is included. It's a very good match - so my review is hardly negative - with good performances and a gross blade job by Bryan who blew Page's out of the water (who didn't wuss out on the blood either) but this didn't take me on the journey that I need to see this at a certain level. Cody Rhodes vs Dustin Rhodes did, this just didn't. Perhaps its because I'm cold on Hangman Page as a wrestler, champion, just in general but I'm more than open minded enough to see through that. Or that's what I'd like to believe. It's not like I hate him either. In fact, I found his performance to be really good with my favourite spot of the match being Page mocking Bryan, doing his star jumps while sporting bloody. Lots to love about the match but emotionally, this didn't hook me on a level that I value to be ****1/2 or *****. Let's call it ***3/4

Comments